Bet the $10M Dubai World Cup at Portland Meadows and all Oregon OTBs on Sat 3/30/13
Bet the $10,000,000 Dubai World Cup on Saturday March 30, 2013 at Portland Meadows and all Oregon OTBs
Simulcasting begins with Race 7 on the card of racing at approximately 9:40 AM (Pacific)
The $10M Dubai World Cup (Race 9) features the following American stars of racing:
- Animal Kingdom;
- Royal Delta;
- and many other great foreign horses as well
Plus Breeders' Cup winner Little Mike in Race #7
Portland Meadows will offer free past performance information (Races 7-9) in our self serve VEST program kiosks
- Race 7 - Dubai Duty Free - Group 1, 1800m (approx 1 1/8 mile), Turf, 9:40 AM (Pacific)
- Race 8 - Dubai Sheema Classic - Group 1, 2410m (approx 1 1/2 mile), Turf, 10:20 AM (Pacific)
- Race 9 - Dubai World Cup - Group 1, 2000m (approx 1 1/4 mile), All Weather, 11:05 AM (Pacific)
* Please note: Racing from Dubai offers bets with slightly different terminology than American racing.
In American racing we have three "straight" or basic bets that only involve one horse or one race: WIN (finish 1st), PLACE (top 2 finisher), and SHOW (top 3 finisher).
However, Dubai offers wagering like much of the rest of the world (Hong Kong, South Africa, etc.) where there are only two "straight" bets.
- WIN – you horse must finish first to win your bet.
- PLACE – your horse must finish in the top three to win your bet.
To compare it to American racing, Dubai only offers WIN and SHOW betting but they call a SHOW bet "PLACE"!
All other "exotic" bets (bets that involve multiple horses or races) use the same terminology.
Please check out the results from Dubai on Saturday March 9, 2013 as an example. They are available HERE.