Oregon Championship Day
Oregon Championship Day Presented by Spirit Mountain Casino is a special race day that celebrates the best in Oregon horse racing.
The following stakes races will be contested on Championship Day:
- $12,500 Oregon Hers
- $12,500 Oregon His
- $12,500 Lethal Grande Sprint Championship
- $12,500 Oregon Debutante
- $25,000 Don Jackson Futurity
- As well as the Trials for the Baxter Andruss Futurity (QH)
It is a uniquely Oregon event in which only Oregon horses can compete.
Live racing starts at 1:00 PM and there will be lots activities for the family.
- Horseplay - kids zone will be open.
- Oregon Craft Beer Festival. Sample over 15 different and unique Oregon beers. (More information below)
- Special Oregon-themed Turf Club Buffet (reservations required)
- Glorious Cornhole Toss
- Jockey Autograph Session from 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM
Oregon Championship Day Buffet - SOLD OUT!
There will also be a sweepstakes for free Trail Blazers tickets during the day.
400 pairs of tickets (800 tickets in total) are up for grabs and the following games are available:
- 12/10/12 vs. Toronto
- 1/7/13 vs. Orlando
- 1/16/13 vs. Cleveland
Notes: Sweepstakes winners are not able to select the game of their choice. Game tickets will be randomly assigned.
How to Enter:
Each live program will contain one (1) ballot. One (1) additional ballot will be available from Guest Services HQ. All PM REWARDS members will receive twenty (20) bonus ballots which available from Guest Services HQ.
Must enter ballots by 3:00 PM. Portland Meadows will draw 400 names after Race 5.
Only one pair of tickets per person.
Full list of winners will be available after Race 8.
Can pick up tickets from the main entrance where ballots are collected. Must show government issued ID.
Must be 18+ to enter.
Questions regarding this Sweepstakes or requests for written copies of Official Rules may be directed to: The "2012 ORGEON CHAMPIONSHIP DAY SWEEPSTAKES” Portland Meadows c/o 1001 N. Schmeer Road Portland, Oregon 97217.
Oregon Craft Beer Festival
Sample many different and unique craft beers from Oregon. The Festival is run in conjunction with live racing and will take place in the outdoor covered Beer-B-Q tent.
Time of Event: 12:00 PM to 5:30 PM
* Live racing starts at 1:00 PM
Location: Portland Meadows - Outdoor Beer-B-Q Tent
Sample many unique craft beers from Oregon and meet representatives from the breweries.
4 oz. sampler - $1.00
12 oz. serving - $2.75
Special Commemorative Jockey Boot Glass:
Buy the glass for $12.00 get three 4 oz. samplers or one free 12 oz. serving
List of craft beers available:
1. Bridgeport Kingpin (Imperial Red)
2. Bridgeport Ebenezer (Winter Warmer)
3. Cascade Lakes Cyclops (IPA)
4. Cascade Lakes Slippery Slope (Winter Warmer)
5. Deschutes Chainbreaker (White IPA)
6. Deschutes Jubelale (Winter Strong Ale)
7. Full Sail LTD 06 (Black Bock)
8. Full Sail Wassail (Winter Warmer)
9. Hopworks Lager
10. Hopworks Abominable (Winter Strong Ale)
11. MacTarnahan's Amber
12. MacTarnahan's Humbug'r (Winter Porter)
13. Pyramid Outburst (Imperial IPA)
14. Pyramid Snow Cap (Winter Warmer)
15. Rogue Chatoe OREgasmic Ale (Pale Ale)
16. Rogue Santa's Private Reserve (Red Ale)
17. Tracktown Honey Orange Wheat
Food available for purchase.
TVs and Self Serve betting machines available in the tent for the full live racing experience.
Parking and Admission are always free at Portland Meadows.
Ride the MAX to the Delta Park/Vanport stop and ride the free shuttle to the track. The shuttle runs from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM and again from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM